Top Benefits of AIR DUCT CLEANING
Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality is one concern that homeowners have when they decide to investigate air duct cleaning. Your heating and cooling system is the lungs of your home. The system taken air in and breathes air out.
Through normal occupation in a home, we generate a great deal of contaminants and air pollutants, such as dander, dust, and chemicals. These contaminants are pulled into the HVAC system and re-circulated 5 to 7 times per day, on average. Over time, this re-circulation causes a build-up of contaminants in the duct work.
While dirty ducts don’t necessarily mean unhealthy air in your home, school or workplace, they may be contributing to larger health issues or harboring contaminants that could cause serious problems for people with respiratory health conditions, autoimmune disorders or some environmental allergies.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted. Contaminants in the heating and cooling system cause it to work harder and shorten the life of your system. Although filters are used, the heating and cooling system still gets dirty through normal use.
When an HVAC system is clean, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness.
Top Benefits of DRYER VENT CLEANING
Over months of use, dryer vents collect lint, dust, dirt, and more. Scheduling a cleaning can eliminate these contaminates—which result in many benefits including:
- Fire safety – Did you know that the heat from your dryer can cause a fire? Cleaning your dryer vents will reduce the risk of a fire.
- Carbone monoxide safety – Poorly maintained gas dryers can build up carbon monoxide—which would be a serious health risk to you and your family!
- Mold issues – Cleaning your dryer vents will reduce the risk of mold build-up.
- Dryer life – When you clean your dryer vents, your unit can work more efficiently—meaning you can have a dryer that works for years to come.
- Energy savings – With cleaner vents, your dryer can run less and you could save on your utility bills!
Keeping your dryer vents clean is important to you and your homes safety. If you haven’t had your vents cleaned in quite some time, it might be a good time to schedule a cleaning.